Friday, October 9, 2026

A New Backing Track For “Big Sciota”

I enjoy playing this Popular Old Time fiddle tune called, “Big Sciota,” on the 5-string banjo in Standard tuning (gDGBD), key of G. It is pronounced “Sigh-Oh-Tuh.” The song is sometimes spelled “Scioty” or “Scioto, named after The Scioto River which flows 231 miles through central Ohio. I used Dave Hum's performance to make a backing track in the keys of G and A for your preference. I really like when the bass kicks in after the banjo intro. The best thing to do is first watch and listen to how Dave plays it, so you'll have an idea of the timing. Enjoy!
To make this backing tracks I used MIDI for the percussion and keyboard. I used a VST3 MODO bass plugin by IK Multimedia for the realistic bass. I used real audio loops for the shaker, tambourine and drums.

Dave Hum
(April 11, 1966 - November 14, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

5 String Banjo Instruction [1967] - Earl Scruggs

5 String Banjo Instruction Album [1967] - Earl Scruggs