Friday, October 2, 2026

A New Backing Track For “Cherokee Shuffle”

“Cherokee Shuffle” (also known as “Lost Indian”) is a popular Bluegrass tune for the banjo, played on the 5-string banjo in the Standard tuning (gDGBD); capo 2nd fret, and 7th fret of fifth string for key of A. I used Dave Hum's performance (with his improvisations) as a template to make a backing track in the keys of G and A for your preference. John Kuhn also does a great job playing this tune. Enjoy!
To make this backing track I used MIDI for the percussion, piano and keyboard. I bought some MODO VST3 plug-ins to use with MixCraft. VST (Virtual Studio Technology) and VST3 are different versions of audio plugin formats used in digital audio workstations (DAWs). VST3 offers improved CPU efficiency, better automation, and additional features like multiple audio inputs and outputs, making it generally more advanced than the older VST format.

You can hear the new bass and drum sounds in this backing track. I'm looking into buying more VST plug-ins. I'm trying to improve the quality of future backing tracks.

Dave Hum
(April 11, 1966 - November 14, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

5 String Banjo Instruction [1967] - Earl Scruggs

5 String Banjo Instruction Album [1967] - Earl Scruggs